Integralisimo proposes you to make these salty biscuits with whole wheat flour and that you can enjoy something salty and practical without complicating yourself. Prepare some biscuits with no beef fat, butter or puff pastry techniques that make you dizzy and are somewhat tedious when choosing a recipe. Opt for this simple yet fabulous whole wheat version!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is easy because it has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
Finally, to mold these biscuits, stretch the dough with a rolling pin, trying to avoid excess flour. Then, using a round or lid cookie cutter, for example, cut out circles of dough. And once they’re placed on the baking sheet, they may or may not be pierced with a fork before baking.
About the cooking:
These whole wheat biscuits are baked and usually don’t take long. As I always recommend, for a good result, you have to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available. Because each one has a particular and unique cooking. Then basing the cooking according to your own experience would be convenient.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 500 g / 17,64 oz / 4 ¼ cups
- Sunflower oil 100 ml / 5 tbsp
- Water 250 ml / 1 cup
- Salt 15 g / 0.53 oz / 3 tsp
- Dry yeast 6 g / 0.21 oz / 1 ½ tsp
- In a bowl, foam the yeast with a part of the water from the recipe.
- On the table, or in a bowl, place the whole wheat flour, salt, yeast and sunflower oil. Gradually add the water and integrate. Ball the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- With a kneading stick, stretch the dough, sprinkle with whole wheat flour if necessary. Pinch the dough with a fork. .
- Cut the biscuits using a round cookie cutter, lid, etc.
- Place on a baking sheet previously oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for 10-15 minutes.
- Whole wheat flour, depending on its brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).