How many times it happens that the bananas turn black, nobody wants to eat them and we wonder; what can I do with them because I don’t want to throw them away? Today I bring you a new recipe to take advantage of those ripe bananas, rich in nutrients and super sweet (did you know that riperest banana are, better their nutrients are and sweetness increases?) Make the most of them, cheer up and make this recipe for whole wheat banana cookies!
Let’s talk about the preparation of these cookies. Its preparation is very easy to make, few ingredients and easily accessible (nothing you can not find in the refrigerator or any market). They also do not have any extra steps, that is to say, it is not complicated to do.
It is a dough that does not need to be kneaded, so avoid doing it, if you do it you may develop gluten and the cookies will be hard. Stir with a spatula or spoon. Maybe it seems that you need more flour because it sticks but it is not, avoid adding extra flour. Once you’re done, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
The size of these cookies is up to you and also the thickness. I made cookies a little big, not too thick and with this recipe I was able to make 24 cookies. Also I didn’t use any cookie cutters to shape them more than my fingers. Although if you like them with perfect shape you can make them as you want but avoid kneading too much.
Its flavor is exquisite, they are not dry cookies, they are soft and highly flavored. I also added lemon zest and vanilla essence. Although this is optional for each one. You can also add orange zest and replace the vanilla essence with cinnamon.
it cooks quickly, in just 10-15 minutes you will be enjoying these delicious whole wheat banana cookies. At home they were a success so I hope you like and enjoy!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- 1 banana
- 100 g butter
- Egg 1
- 100 g sugar
- 250 gr whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- vanilla essence
- Optional: lemon zest, orange zest, cinnamon, etc.
- In a bowl place the butter at room temperature and the sugar. Whip until creamy (when it clears and has a creamy texture)
- Puree the banana, add the egg, vanilla essence and lemon zest. Beat until joined.
- Incorporate the butter with the sugar, mix and add the flour with the baking powder. Join the preparation without kneading. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. To form the cookies, make balls with the dough, place on a baking sheet, smash and shape with your fingers.
- Bake at 180-200 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are barely golden.