A Monday to make an exquisite whole wheat lemon loaf for those afternoon mates, what do you think? A delicious recipe with all the aroma and flavor of lemon. In so simple to do that if you are not familiar with cooking you will be surprised with the result. Nothing can go wrong with this super easy recipe!
Today I wanted to put this recipe that would be a version 2 of the whole wheat lemon loaf cake. In which I relied on reducing its fat, sunflower oil. I did some tests to find out what would be the maximum point at which it can be reduced without losing that characteristic moisture of loaves (or approaching it).
If you use white sugar or common sugar you can reduce both the oil and the milk by about 25 ml each. When seeds are incorporated, you can reduce only the oil (they absorb more liquid). Nothing will happen if you do not modify these proportions even if white sugar is used. But I wanted to leave the data for those who do not consume a lot of fat for personal reasons.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Like any loaf cake recipe that exists, it is very simple to make. With zero degree of difficulty inclusive for those who never touch the kitchen. It is a recipe that does not need to be kneaded, it does not rise, only the ingredients are mixed.
This loaf is lemon because I used its juice. But nothing changes if the juice of an orange or a tangerine is used, for example. You can use what you like the most to flavor. Although I understand that the classic that exists in any refrigerator is lemon. That is why the recipe is based on it.
The ingredients that I used this time are completely whole grain. And I never use mixed flour in my recipes (a mixture of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour). The other ingredients are completely common and without any difficulty to find them in any market.
Cooking, as always, must be as punctual as possible. Whole ingredients tend to dry out if overcooked. They also tend to acquire a bitter taste in parts that are too toasted or burnt. The cooking time would be one of the secrets of this whole wheat lemon loaf cake.
With these proportions, a large-size loaf cake ideal for family consumption is obtained. And you can use the mold you have or you like the most. This time I have used a Teflon mold. Which is sprayed with vegetable spray, there is no need to flour and it comes out of the mold without any problem.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 12,35 oz / 3 cup
- Whole cane sugar 200 g / 7,05 oz / 1 cup
- Sunflower oil 100 ml / 3,53 oz / ½ cup
- Baking powder 3 tsp / 15 g / 0,53 oz
- Milk 150 ml / 3/4 cup
- Eggs 3
- Lemon juice 1 / 75 ml / 5 tbsp
- Lemon zest
- Poppy seeds 4 tbsp
- In a bowl place the sunflower oil, the eggs, the milk, the juice and the lemon zest. Mix.
- Add the whole cane sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Gradually add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder and poppy seeds (optional). Stir without beating.
- Pour the preparation into a previously greased and floured mold. Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 71.11 - 82.22 °F for approximately 30-40 minutes or when inserting a toothpick comes out dry. Unmold once cold. Let cool and unmold.
- Respect the baking times
- The seeds are optional, use the one you like the most or not
- Store in an airtight container or food-safe bag so that it does not dry out.
- Can be frozen (3 months)
- Consume preferably before 3 days
- If you want to increase its humidity you can add a teaspoon of honey.