This weekend, prepare these whole wheat flour crackers, ideal for any time of the day. Also, a great idea for appetizers or charcuterie boards with sauces and dips, or simply as a snack in bars and breweries. With no doubt, a simple but delicious whole wheat recipe!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is easy because it has no complications in terms of its preparation, and it has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced with margarine, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
These salty whole wheat snacks may or may not contain seeds. However, the seeds, in addition to providing some benefits worth taking advantage of, also give it an excellent flavor and texture. Among the existing seed options are those of chia, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, poppy, for example.
Finally, to form these cookies, stretch the dough with a rolling pin, avoiding excess flour. Then, with a knife or cookie cutter, proceed to cut the squares of dough of the desired size. These in turn may or may not be sprinkled with salt before baking.
About the cooking:
The cooking of these whole wheat flour crackers is fast, it takes between 5 to 10 minutes depending on the type of oven you have. So being vigilant is important. Without any inconvenience, you can open the oven door as many times as you need to check its baking.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Post a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 ¾ cup
- Seeds 50 g / 1.76 oz / ½ cup
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Water 150 ml / ½ cup / 7 ½ tbsp
- Salt 5 g / 1.17 oz / 1 tsp
- In a bowl place the whole wheat flour and seeds. Mix.
- Add the sunflower oil and water little by little until all the ingredients are combined.
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- With a knife or cookie cutter, cut the crackers.
- Place on a previously oiled baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for 5–10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flour, depending on its brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
- Ideas for dressings, sauces and dips here
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Measuring spoons equivalents:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|