Whole grain sweet recipes don’t have to be ugly or taste bad. Once you get used to eating with whole grain ingredients you will no longer notice the difference. It is a habit to acquire. And there are a lot of recipes for it.
Today we have more information and resources to take care of our body and follow a slightly healthier nutrition. Without being strict, you can change certain ingredients that today we know do better and provide better nutrition and help the metabolism of our body.
This orange loaf cake with whole wheat flour recipe is one of the many options that I leave and I will leave on this website. Today I am focused on the whole grain recipes because I must confess that it is what I like the most. Although I am still working on other types of recipes for the other websites as well.
Later I will work on some variations of each recipe that I am leaving. And how to replace certain ingredients. Since some do not consume sugar or prefer oil over butter or vice versa and do not know how to do it.
Don’t feel lost in the kitchen, I know it takes time and work. Maybe it is easier to buy. But I think the best thing is always to make our own food because we know the ingredients we use and the quality of them.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe …
To make any recipe in my posts, I always used a common oven. Nothing fancy that has bottom or top heat options. I clarify this because my recipes are made so that everyone can cook and no matter what you have at home.
Many times we find that type of recipes that do not work in our kitchen because the cooking times are not the same and if you are not familiar with cooking you will not know what went wrong. And no one likes to throw food away or get frustrated trying new things.
This recipe is very simple to make. To make it this time I used my hand mixer and not my stand mixer. I also want to show that it is not necessary to have anything sophisticated to make a delight at home or great experience on it. So there are no excuses to make a spectacular orange loaf cake with whole wheat flour recipe!
Whole wheat loaf cake are a great way to make our first sweet recipes. Because besides that they are simple to prepare, they do not take extra steps nor do you have to knead. On the contrary, you just have to mix without kneading or beating.
The only thing you will have to keep in mind is that you must not forget about the loaf cake in the oven. If we cook the loaf cake, it will probably come out dry. Taking it out of the oven on time is one of the greatest successes of this type of recipe. So don’t fall asleep and be wakeful!
This opportunity I made a recipe with oil to make it a little lighter than using butter. But everyone is free to use what you like the most. Always following the corresponding replacement proportions, modify my recipe to your liking.
The sugar I am using is white sugar because due to the quarantine it is being difficult for me to find whole cane sugar. But if you have it at home it is better and completely whole grain, but if not, use white sugar like me.
As decoration or to increase and enhance the flavor of the orange, you can make an icing glaze with powdered sugar and orange set to cover the loaf. It really looks great, so I encourage you to try this type of icing glaze which is very simple to make.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 12,35 oz / 3 cup
- Whole cane sugar 200 g / 7,05 oz / 1 cup
- Eggs 3
- Sunflower oil 100 ml / ½ cup
- Orange zest and juice / 75 ml / ¾ cup
- Milk 125 ml / 8 ¼ tbsp
- Baking powder 15 g / 0,53 oz / 3 tsp
- Icing Sugar Bath:
- Icing sugar 6 tbsp
- Orange Juice c / n
- In a bowl place the sugar and sunflower oil. Mix.
- Add the orange juice, the zest and the milk, mix well.
- Add the eggs. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. No beating, just mixing.
- Place the preparation in a previously greased and floured mold.
- Bake at a low temperature (160-180 °C / 320-356 °F) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted it comes out dry.
- Unmold once cold. Bathe with orange icing glaze if desired.
- For the icing, place the icing sugar in a container. Add drops of orange juice little by little until you get the desired consistency. Stir without beating.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually.
- White sugar can be use (use the same proportion as whole cane sugar).
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).