Adding in today’s cookie recipes, I bring you this spectacular cheese crackers with whole wheat flour recipe option! Ideal to stop a bit with the sweet and expand our options when choosing a recipe! Undoubtedly a great recipe for both mate and to make a plate of cold and use them as a snack.
Whole wheat cookies are a great option when preparing them. Because there are endless combinations and possibilities! It is a recipe that allows flavoring with the preferred ingredients and to our liking. You can also choose the size in which you want to make these crackers.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
These cookies are very simple to make and their ingredients are even simpler. Nothing that you cannot not get in any market or perhaps you have at home at that time. In addition, it is a recipe that you can change certain ingredients according to your convenience or preference. And if you don’t know how I leave you some options and ideas for it.
The cheese I use in this recipe was Gouda type cheese. A a type of cheese for grate and I just found on sale in the market. Although it does not mean that it necessarily has to be this type of cheese. It can also be made with grated packaged cheese, blue cheese or some other of your choice.
When making any recipe with cheese, it must be taken into account and not forgotten that they have added salt in their preparation. Therefore, it is always a good idea to taste some of your chosen cheese before starting the recipe. And so you know how salty the cheese is and whether or not it is necessary to add salt to the preparation.
You can also use certain seasonings to add even more flavor to this cheese crackers with whole wheat flour dough. Therefore, if you are one of those who like spicy crackers, you can add a little pepper, hot chili or paprika. In addition, you can use other species such as parsley, oregano, garlic powder, etc. Without a doubt they are very well combined with cheese so do not hesitate to use any of them.
The fat used to make the dough is butter, with which crackers are crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. If you want to replace it with sunflower oil or olive oil, keep in mind that you will get crisper crackers. Other options can also be used depending on the correct replacement ratios suitable for it.
To make these crackers more attractive, I shaped them into small cheeses. Using a round cutter to poke small holes in the dough for a funny look. This is totally optional, you can give them the shape you want, whatever is easier and simpler to do.
It only takes a few minutes to cook and there is not much to consider. As soon as they begin to brown they are removed from the oven. Also, if you feel like doing something extra to accompany it, you can prepare a sauce or dip (a great idea for a plate of cold cuts).
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 ½ cup
- Grated cheese 80 g / 2.82 oz / 5 ½ tbsp
- Butter 60 g / 2.12 oz / 4 tbsp
- Milk 50 ml / ¼ cup
- Egg 1
- Mustard 1 tbsp
- In a bowl place the whole wheat flour and grated cheese. Mix
- Add the egg and mustard. Season to taste. Integrate
- Add the milk. Mix. Place the cubes of butter. With a cornet or spoon integrate without kneading.
- Wrap the dough in plastic kitchen wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour (flatten the dough so that once it is cold it is easier to stretch).
- Sprinkle with flour and roll out with a rolling pin. Cut the crackers with a sharp knife or use a cookie cutter.
- Place the crackers on a baking sheet.
- Bake at low temperature 160-180 ºC / 320 - 356 ºF for 15-20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Butter can be replaced by other cooking oils. Its flavor may change accordingly.
- Serve with different sauces or dips.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. To be sure incorporate gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).