I leave you this recipe for breaded chicken breasts that are a delight! An ideal recipe to prepare light and nutritious sandwiches. Also to taste with different sauces or make dishes accompanied with salads or vegetables. A recipe to take advantage of any occasion, super versatile!
Chicken is one of the favorite meats for most because in addition to being nutritious and having a high protein content, it is a lean meat, that is, it is low in fat. So chicken is one of the meats that is most included in diets made by nutrition specialists.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This recipe is very simple and easy to make. The ingredients used are few, common, and easily accessible in any market. Unlike most battered or breaded (it is usually said both ways), it is a recipe that does not use eggs to adhere the breadcrumbs to the meat. Which makes it ideal for those who are allergic or cannot consume eggs.
With regard to chicken, the leanest part of it is used, the breasts. Which the skin is removed and deboned previously. The breasts are cut into smaller portions, thus leaving the small chicken breasts. In this way, not only do you get individual servings, but also a shorter cooking time.
As for the batter, there are different classic options: breadcrumbs, rice breadcrumbs (suitable for celiacs), or some combination with instant oats or dehydrated seasonings. This combination gives it an extra amount of nutrients and also gives it a slightly crunchy texture. They can also be marinated with all-purpose or whole-wheat flour.
About the cooking:
To cook these battered chicken breasts you can choose different ways, depending on the taste of each one or how you are used to cooking. Among the options that can be used for cooking are the oven, microwave, frying pan or fried. This time I baked them with olive oil.
The cooking time is shorter compared to cooking the whole breast. Which makes it a good option when you don’t have too much time to cook but want to eat healthy and nutritious. As a tip, avoid cooking the chicken more than necessary so it does not dry out.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Chicken breast 3
- Garlic 3
- Fresh parsley c / n
- Lemon juice 1
- Breadcrumbs or gluten-free breadcrumbs c / n
- Optional: instant oats, dried seasonings.
- Cut the breasts into smaller portions, place in a bowl. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and chopped parsley. Mix. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cover the chicken by pressing with your hands, so that it is completely covered with breadcrumbs.
- In a hot source, drizzle with olive oil or vegetable spray, place the battered chicken breasts and drizzle on top with a little olive oil as well.
- Cook in a preheated oven at high temperature for approximately 15-20 minutes.