Today I present to you these quinoa patties recipe that are a delight! A recipe that has more than one advantage because in addition to being simple, it is nutritious and exquisite! Very compact burgers patties are obtained and they do not fall apart when cooked!
Quinoa is a very healthy pseudocereal (seed), a food that in recent years we have heard a lot about. But faced with the unknown, many end up not savoring it. That’s why I encourage you to give it a try with a simple recipe like this, exploring its wonderful flavor and benefits.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
These burgers patties are very simple to make. The ingredients are common, easily accessible to any store. In addition, they are fully modifiable, so if you do not like any of them, you can choose to omit it or change it for another that you like more.
To prepare this recipe, the quinoa has to be cooked previously. And for this, just like rice or pasta, it must be boiled, which takes only a few minutes. But before doing so, you must take into account some information that is important and thus obtain a good result in terms of its flavor.
The first thing we should do is read the instructions on its packaging, because depending on this we will or will not do an extra step. At present, quinoa is prepackaged previously washed, a step that is carried out to release a natural substance that covers the grains called saponin.
Saponin and its consumption in large quantities can become toxic. And although it is very difficult for food poisoning to occur, what does happen is that it tastes very bitter. So it would be somewhat unpleasant and unappetizing to eat.
So, when in doubt, the quinoa must be rinsed very well, under the tap with running water. It is not soaked, this would make the quinoa absorb the external saponin concentrating on its interior. In another post I am going to elaborate a little more on cooking quinoa, giving some little tips to improve its flavor and texture.
To assemble these burgers patties, you can choose to do it with your hands, pressing well to compact or use a mold for it. This time I have used a round cookie mold because it was very practical and also convenient in terms of its size.
To cook these quinoa patties you can choose to do it in a pan, griddle, microwave or in the oven. In my preference, I cook them in the oven, because they are all made together in one go and there is also less risk of them falling apart or toasting too much. Something that can happen if it is done with direct fire.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Cooked quinoa 600 g / 21.16 oz
- Carrot 1 / 250 g / 8.82 oz
- Onion 1 / 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Eggs 2
- Red Pepper ¼ / 100 g / 3.53 oz
- Corn starch 1 tbsp
- Rice breadcrumbs / Rice flour 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2
- Parsley c / n
- In a bowl place the cooked quinoa.
- Add onion and minced garlic.
- Add chopped red pepper.
- Add grated carrot and chopped parsley. Season to taste. Mix.
- Add cornstarch and rice breadcrumbs. Integrate.
- Incorporate the eggs and olive oil.
- Spray a baking tray with vegetable spray. Place a round cookie cutter on the baking tray, add a little of the preparation and with a spoon crush to smooth and compact.
- Cook in a medium high oven (220-250 °C / 428-482 °F) for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- You get 12 hamburgers of 110 grams / 3.88 ounces each, approximately.