Locos Por Los Dulces presents this wonderful strawberry mousse recipe. A simple but exquisite dessert, great to enjoy at any time of the day or to surprise your guests. Get the most out of the strawberry season!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this dessert is easy because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
This wonderful mousse can be served individually to facilitate its distribution, being an excellent option when you have guests. O, en su defecto, guardar en un recipiente general y luego servir en cuencos. In addition, you can accompany it with different ingredients such as fruits, sweet sauces, whipped cream, chocolate chips, etc.
About the ingredients:
Strawberries can be fresh or frozen. Still, you have to keep their condition in mind because frozen strawberries need to be thawed. And as a consequence, the fruit will give off liquid. Said liquid may be withdrawn or otherwise kept, but deleting the water from the list of ingredients in the recipe.
To make this mousse, I have used two types of cream. One of them, and in a greater proportion, chantilly cream for filling or coverage. Which provides an airy and light texture to the preparation. This type of cream is usually found liquid and ready to use, or powder to prepare. Both options are easily purchased at confectionery stores.
Similarly, but to a lesser extent, classic whipping cream. This will provide creaminess in both flavor and texture. However, you can optionally replace it with whipped cream, since you will still get a good result. However, I would not change it because in their structure both creams are completely different.
As a gelling ingredient on this occasion, I have used unflavored gelatin. Other similar ingredients could be agar-agar or xanthan gum. In the same way, but with a thickening effect rather than a gelling one, starches, such as corn or rice. However, these have to be cooked before being integrated into the preparation.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Post a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Strawberry puree 500 g
- Water 60 ml
- Chantilly cream 400 ml
- Whipping cream 100 ml / ½ cup
- Unflavored gelatin 14 g
- Sugar 150 g
- Purée the strawberries with a blender or hand mixer. Place half of the purée and the water in a small pot, heat over medium low heat until boiling, and remove from heat. Add the unflavored gelatin, stir until dissolved. Add the rest of the purée and mix. Reserve.
- In a bowl, place the chantilly cream and beat until a firm point is obtained.
- Add the whipping cream and sugar and continue beating.
- Continuing to beat, add the strawberry purée (at room temperature). Beat for 5-10 minutes.
- Quickly, pour the mousse into individual pots or an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.