Today I present you this orange oats loaf cake with whole wheat flour sugar free recipe! An ideal whole grain recipe for those who cannot consume sugar or who wish to reduce it from their daily diet. In addition, the combination with oats provides a plus in nutrients that make this whole wheat loaf cake recipe a very beneficial complement!
Loaf cake in general are one of the most favorite recipes. Because in addition to being very simple and easy to prepare, there is a preferred flavor for each person! It is a super versatile recipe because it can be personalized according to the particular tastes or needs of each one.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this orange oats loaf cake with whole wheat flour recipe is very simple. Its ingredients are simple and easily accessible in any market. This time it is scented with orange juice but it can also be made with mandarin, lemon or a mixture of them. Whichever flavor you choose will taste more than good to you!
If you cannot consume oats or it is not to your liking, it is excluded from the recipe without inconvenience. Consequently, the measurements of the other ingredients must also be adjusted. To do this, you can proportionally reduce the liquids in the recipe or add its equivalent in whole wheat flour.
This recipe as I have mentioned is sugar freeand to sweeten it this time I used powdered sweetener. Although you can use liquid sweetener, liquid stevia, powdered stevia, or some other that you use regularly. It is also possible to make this recipe with whole cane sugar.
When you want to replace sugar in a recipe, the equivalence is very easy to remember. Since 10 grams of sugar would equal 1 gram of powdered sweetener. I leave you a table with some proportions depending on the type of sweetener you use and want to substitute according to it.
|STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of granulated white sugar * approximate
The mold I used in this orange oats loaf cake with whole wheat flour recipe is a tefloned loaf mold. Although you can use any type of mold that you have. But you must take into account that it is a large loaf cake for family consumption. If you are not sure how much to fill the mold, always try to fill leaving 1 cm free.
The cooking is done in a preheated oven (15-20 minutes) and it is recommended to be as punctual as possible. Because if it is overcooked, it can dry out. It can also take on a bitter taste if it is roasted or burned. Remember that for my recipes I use a traditional oven, with no choice of type of heat. Therefore, modify if necessary (see notes).
Every recipe made at Integralisimo.com is made with 100% fine whole wheat flour. And if possible, I use all the ingredients in their whole wheat version unless it is not available at the time. As a consequence of using oats, this loaf cake has a lighter color than usual, but pure whole wheat flour was used.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14.11 oz / 3 ⅓ cup
- Instant oats 100 g / 3.53 oz / 1 cup
- Baking powder 17 g / 0.60 oz / 1 tbsp
- Powdered sweetener 24 g / 30 sachets
- Skim milk 250 ml / 1 ¼ cup
- Sunflower oil 100 ml / 3,53 oz / ½ cup
- Orange juice 350 ml / 1 ¾ cup / 2 large oranges
- Orange zest 1
- Eggs 3
- In a bowl place the milk, eggs, sunflower oil, orange juice and zest. Beat until integrated.
- Add the instant oats. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. Mix until integrated without beating.
- Pour the preparation into a previously oiled and floured mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry.
- For more humidity add a teaspoon of honey.
- Sugar can be used. Add a little more liquid or reduce solids.
- It can be sweetened with honey.
- The sweetener sachets used contain 0.8 g each.
- Mix do not beat to avoid bubbles.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Milk can be replaced by orange juice.
- The oven should always be preheated 20 minutes before any bake.
- In convection ovens it is recommended to bake at 160 °C / 320 ° F of temperature.
- Respect the baking times to achieve better results.
- Store in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).