I present to you these vegetable muffinswith whole wheat flour recipe that are a delight! I continue to bet on whole foods, so I leave you this easy to make and super fast recipe. In minutes you can enjoy healthy muffins, ideal for an appetizer or a light meal. Do not miss out on trying this recipe because I know you are going to love it!
In hot weather we all like to eat light and if it is healthy much better. That’s why I bring you this vegetable muffins with whole wheat flour recipe. A light recipe that can be accompanied by a green leafy salad, brown rice or whatever you prefer.
In addition, it is a great recipe for children to learn to eat healthier, incorporating those vegetables that cost so much! In this way, you can convince them without much reproach, to eat more nutritious and whole grain!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Without a doubt it is the easiest vegetable muffin recipe to make you can find! Because they are made with grated raw vegetables, without previous cooking and it is something that you will not even notice! In addition, the results are by far more delicious, muffins full of flavor and very light.
As for its preparation, it is simple and this time use carrots and zucchini, an exquisite combination that provides a lot of moisture. Although you can choose any vegetable that you like the most. The only thing to keep in mind is that the vegetables you choose can be easily scratched or chopped with the knife.
It should be noted that a while before using the zucchini, once it was grated, I added a little salt to release its excess water. And then I removed this liquid by squeezing a little with my hands. In this way you make sure that the excess water does not ruin the recipe and the muffins are as they should be.
Since they are not sautéed with onion and garlic previously, the spices in these kinds of recipes is important if you want to add or increase their flavor. So if you have these powdered or dried ingredients, feel free to season to taste. Although with pepper and fresh parsley they are excellent too.
The oats in this recipe is optional, you can choose to make use of it or replace the same amount with whole wheat flour or some other. Although the combination is perfect, they are really very good and also, the use of oats has great benefits worth taking advantage of.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Grated zucchini 150 g / 5.29 oz
- Grated carrot 150 g / 5.29 oz
- Whole wheat flour 150 g / 5.29 oz / 1 ¼ cup
- Instant oats 50 g / 1.76 oz
- Sunflower oil 150 ml / ¾ cup / 10 tbsp
- Eggs M 2
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.53 oz / 1 tbsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Fresh parsley c / n
- In a bowl place grated carrot, grated zucchini and chopped parsley. Season to taste.
- Add the eggs. Mix.
- Add the sunflower oil. Beat.
- Incorporate instant oats.
- Incorporate whole wheat flour.
- Place the preparation in muffins paper liners or in a muffin tin previously sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake at low temperature (160-180 ° C / 320-356 ° F) for 20-30 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Whole wheat flours can absorb more or less amount of liquid depending on their brand. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
- Preheat the oven to the indicated temperature 15-20 minutes before baking.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).