If you like variety and try new recipes, you can’t miss how to make this zucchini pizza crust recipe! A super light and pleasant tasting combo dough! Make your pizzas healthier and more nutritious. A perfect idea for your children to eat vegetables in a fun way!
With endless possibilities, you can use this recipe to make the type of pizza that you like the most, using your favorite or existing ingredients. Put your own style on it, I’m sure it will surprise you but above all you will love it!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This recipe for zucchini pizza crust recipe is very simple to make, the ingredients are the usual classics. The only difference is that zucchini is used to make the dough. And in more, you can use the type or kind of zucchini that you like the most or have at that time. This time I used round zucchini although it can be Italian zucchini or some other too.
The way to use the zucchini in this recipe is raw and previously grated. Zucchini are known to have a large amount of water naturally. Which should be withdrawn is its largest amount as possible before being use of it. Therefore, if it is not done, there will be an excess of water in the recipe.
To remove this water, what is done first is to grate the zucchini, then add salt and let it rest for 30 minutes. As a consequence, the salt will cause them to release some of their water, which will be discarded by squeezing a little if necessary. It is very important to do it before starting the recipe so it does not ruin the dough.
Being a dough combined with a vegetable so rich in water, kneading is avoided and thus the dough does not require a greater amount of extra flour (as occurs when preparing homemade gnocchi). For this reason, being such a wet dough, the dough is dumped directly onto the mold and with the fingers it is stretched and shaped. To make this easier, soak the fingers in oil to prevent the dough from sticking.
This is a dough that tends to stick a bit during cooking, so before stretching, it is necessary to place a thin film of oil that covers the entire mold. With the proportions of this recipe, a 30-centimeter / 11.81 inches mold is used. As a result, a pizza crust of intermediate thickness is obtained, although this can be modified according to convenience or preference.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- All-purpose flour 280 g / 9.88 oz / 2 ¼ cups
- Grated zucchini 160 g / 5.64 oz
- Dry instant yeast 2.5 g / 00.9 oz - Fresh yeast 25 g / 0.88 oz
- Olive oil 1 tsp
- Water 100 ml / ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Salt c/n
- Olive oil c / n
- Optional: sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- In a bowl place the grated zucchini, salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Remove the water.
- Add the flour, salt and instant yeast.
- Add the water little by little. Join using a spoon or a plain plastic scraper. Do not knead. Cover with plastic kitchen wrap. Let rise until doubled in volume.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on a pizza pan. Pour the dough over the middle of the pizza pan, stretch with the fingers to shape it. Brush with tomato sauce to taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven at high temperature (250-300 degrees / 482-572 Fahrenheit) for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Consume before 3 days
- Can be frozen (3 months)