This Holy Week, prepare these globe squash zucchini medallions recipe. An ideal recipe for light lunches or dinners and to accompany with salads, purees, potatoes, etc. In addition, you can combine with a variety of ingredients of your choice, you can also make them stuffed. ¡Sin duda, una receta que vale la pena guardar!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is easy, since it has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
The zucchini used is of the globe type, also called round squash, green squash, globe squash zucchini or Creole squash. Although long zucchini could be used, but the medallions would be smaller, making their preparation more laborious, since their size is smaller, so a larger quantity should be made for the same guests.
Another option for this recipe is the possibility of making them stuffed with different ingredients such as cheese, ham, tomato, etc. For this, two slices of zucchini are used, the filling is placed in the middle as if it were a sandwich, then it is coated in the same way as a simple medallion. One tip is to bake the globe zucchini for just a few seconds to soften and make it easy.
To coat the medallions, they are passed first through flour, removing the excess, then through seasoned beaten egg and finally through breadcrumbs. Likewise, these ingredients can be changed for convenience or taste, since for example you can add oats to the batter or use ingredients in their gluten-free version as needed.
The cooking of these globe squash zucchini medallions have an estimated baking time of 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden. In this opportunity, to make them light and healthy, vegetable spray was used. Although you can also use sunflower, olive or some other oil according to preference or availability.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Globe Squash Zucchini 3-4
- Eggs 2
- Flour c/n
- Bread crumbs c/n
- Garlic 2
- Optional: oats
- Beat the eggs and season to taste. Reserve. Cut the globe squash zucchini into slices of approximately 1 cm.
- Pass the round globe squash zucchini slices in flour. Then by seasoned beaten egg, and finally by breadcrumbs.
- Place on a previously oiled baking sheet. Spray with oil or vegetable spray or another cooking oil of preference. Bake in a preheated oven at 180-200 °C / 356-392 °F for 15-20 minutes.
- Replace the breadcrumbs with rice batter for a gluten-free version (make sure the other ingredients are suitable for celiacs too).
- Add a few tablespoons of oats to the breadcrumbs to increase nutrients and benefits.
- Use the leftover egg mixture and the remaining breadcrumbs. Mix and make some Provencal meatballs. Bake everything together in the oven (they are spectacular full of flavor)