There are countless recipes for homemade pizza dough and each one makes it with their own style or technique. But today I want to leave you my recipe, with some tips that do not fail and you can successfully make the most incredible pizzas! With an endless number of possible combinations, without a doubt, prepare the best and most exquisite that you have ever tasted!
From Italian origin, pizza is a world renowned food. Generally, it is a circular shaped, thin thick bread, on which tomato sauce is spread and cheese is placed. That over the years, variants emerged with the addition of other ingredients, acquiring specific names for their distinction and recognition.
Although there are varieties of classic pizzas such as Napolitana, Capresse, Provolone, Fugaseta, Four cheeses, etc. Different varieties can be observed according to a specific country and the type of pizza that characterizes it. Currently being able to find pizzas with other additions that stand out or according to a specific classification. Such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This basic pizza dough is the simplest and easiest recipe of all! Because it is a recipe that has no complications in its preparation and its result is truly incredible! In addition, the ingredients to use are few, frequently used and easy to find.
About the ingredients:
To make this homemade pizza dough I used 0000 flour, commonly known in other countries as all purpose flour. In general, depending on your brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid, which is why I recommend incorporating gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced by any of your preference, be it olive oil, coconut oil, etc. It should be noted that depending on the type or class of fat used, its texture or flavor can be modified accordingly.
About the dough:
Before starting with the preparation, one of the secrets is to make a preferment or froth the yeast for 15-20 minutes. Second, it is the kneading, which develops the gluten and gives the necessary elasticity to the dough. Another is the proofing time, which is necessary to have a successful pizza dough. Last, and not least, is the baking.
To shape this dough you can use different techniques, either using your hands or stretching the dough with a rolling pin. In this opportunity, I explain the way I’m used to preparing this recipe. But if it’s not your liking or does not convince you, you can use the one that is better for you. Even so, I tell you why I do it this way.
As a preference, stretch the dough manually and leaving the edge a little thicker. This edge or kind of dough cord will act as a limiting barrier. In this way, during baking, the ingredients are kept on the pizza without any waste. It also saves us effort when it comes to washing, since the gratin cheese is sometimes a bit difficult to remove.
About the mold:
The classic mold used is called a pizzera, a circular baking dish. Which exist of different sizes, being able to be bigger or smaller. Although this is not exclusive, because you can stretch the dough on a common baking sheet, placing the dough already stretched or mold on it. The size and thickness that is given to the pizza dough is to taste and preference.
Whatever the mold chosen to cook this pizza dough, it is advisable to add enough oil to forms a thin film in the baking dish, then place the dough. Without a doubt, this is one of the things that gives it a special touch, you may think that it will come out very oily, but this makes a significant difference in the final result.
Another observation is that, once the dough is molded in the baking dish, and tomato sauce is spread over the dough, it is left to rise for 15-20 minutes before baking. It may require a little more time to prepare, but they are details that are worth taking into account. In any case, it can be baked directly without any inconvenience.
Although today different ways of cooking are known, which can be microwave, special pans, grill, clay oven, pizza ovens, conventional oven, etc. Regardless of the way you choose to cook this homemade pizza dough, it is advisable to use a high temperature for a good result, or adjust your cooking accordingly.
Beyond the recommendations offered in this article, do not forget the importance of the quality of the ingredients that are used, which influence the success of any preparation. With the amounts of ingredients given in this recipe, two pizzas were obtained, using a mold of 30 centimeters in diameter.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Harina 0000 - Harina todo uso 500 g / 17.64 oz / 4 ¼ taza
- Levadura fresca 6 g / 0.21 oz / 1 cdita - Levadura fresca 20 g / 0.70 oz
- Aceite girasol 30 cc / 2 cdas
- Agua 400 ml / 1 ½ tazas
- Azúcar 5 g / 0.17 oz / 1 cdita
- Sal 5 g / 0.17 oz / 1 cdita
- En un recipiente colocar parte del agua de la receta, el azúcar y la levadura. Disolver. Dejar fermentar durante 15-20 minutos.
- En la mesa, en un bol o maquina amasadora colocar la harina, la sal, el prefermento y el aceite de girasol. Incorporar el agua restante de manera gradual. Amasar hasta obtener una masa suave, lisa y elástica. Bollar la masa, dejar leudar hasta que doble su volumen.
- Desgasificar la masa y dividir la masa en dos partes iguales. Bollar cada una de las partes. Estirar la masa sobre un molde pizzero previamente aceitado. Opcionalmente, dejar los bordes mas gruesos.
- Esparcir salsa de tomate sobre la masa sin llegar a los bordes. Dejar leudar por 15-20 minutos.
- Cocinar en horno precalentado a temperatura alta por 10-15 minutos. Retirar del horno, colocar el resto de los ingredientes y cocinar por 10-15 minutos mas.
- Consumir preferentemente antes de los 3 días.
- Se puede congelar (3 meses).
- Se obtiene 2 prepizzas.
- Las harinas según su marca puede absorber mas o menos cantidad de liquido. Asegúrese de incorporar los líquidos gradualmente.