Today I leave you the recipe on how to Make Mini Christmas Sweet Bread. As the word says, they are for presents! So cute! Ideal for this time of year and look good. Without spending too much money, or if you have a large amount to give away, this will be a much cheaper idea than making a big one for each person.
Another great possibility is to make Sweet Bread with different contents so that you get different combinations to vary or try which one you like best. So you can make some with nuts, some with drained fruits, others with both, some chocolate chips, some with nothing for those who like it without filling, etc. Make the combination you like most, and that is one of the great advantage of making them homemade. Because you choose which filling you are going to use, and the amount of them. Also, of course, the ingredients used in this recipe and their quality, without preservatives or additives, and that is priceless!
The important thing is that, it doesn’t matter if they are small, but that the flavor is extraordinary. As it should be from a good sweet bread. Make it fluffy, moist and full of flavor.
And for this, this recipe has some secrets for that special flavor. And that flavor is mostly in the preparation and cooking.
Definitely, the previous dough that needs to be made for this sweet bread souvenir is one of the keys to this recipe. For a better taste, try to make it a day before. I assure you, you will notice a unique taste.
In addition, cooking is very important, because if you cook too much time, we will get a dry sweet bread. The ideal is to have a thermometer, in all ways with a stick we can do the same. This has to go out with some crumbs when introducing it and taking it out of the center of the sweet bread. If it comes out completely dry, the cooking time was too much.
Another thing is that this sweet bread does not contain additives or preservatives and lasts approximately 3 days. If you want to use preservatives to prolong this time, you can do it.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Previous Dough:
- All porpuse flour 250 g / 8.82 oz / 2 cup
- Milk 180 ml / 12 tbsp
- Instant yeast 5 g / 0.18 oz
- All porpuse flour 250 g / 8.82 oz / 2 cup
- Eggs 3
- Sugar 100 g / 3.53 oz / ½ cup
- Instant yeast 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Salt 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Sweetener 3 ml
- Honey 15 g / 0,53 oz / 1 tbsp
- Butter 120 g / 4.23 oz
- Orange blossom water 7.5 ml / 1 ½ tsp
- Lemon Essence n/a
- Essence of vanilla n/a
- Ron n/a
- Fruits of choice: raisins, almonds, chestnuts, nuts, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, etc. 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Sweet Bread Molds 100 g / 3.53 oz
- In a bowl we put 8.82 oz of flour, 120 ml of milk and 0.18 oz of instant yeast. Form a dough, cover and store in the refrigerator. This is called previous dough, and it is one of the steps to give that distinguished taste and moisture to these mini sweet bread. It has to be done a day before.
- The next day we make the dough. We place the flour, eggs, sugar, yeast, salt, liquid sweetener, honey and previous dough on the table or in a kneading machine. Flavor with orange blossom water, lemon essence and vanilla to taste. Join well.
- Finally we add the fat to the dough this time is butter. With a little patience (this dough is very sticky for your hands), integrate well, knead and form a smooth and smooth dough. Cover and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Stretch the dough into a rectangular shape and spread nuts, chocolate chips, drained fruits, etc. With what you want to fill. Make a roll with the dough, squeezing firm. Cut into slices and place one on top of the other pressing hard (it will be a good way to disperse the fruits and not all remain in the same place). Knead a little, make a bun, cover and let rise again until doubled in volume.
- For molds of sweet bread of 100 g (3.53 oz) we weigh the dough and divide it into buns of 100 g (3.53 oz) each. If you do not have a kitchen scale, try to make the dough cover 2/3 of the chosen mold. Take the dough portion, make a bun and place in the bottom of the mold, press well with your fingers so that the dough takes the form of the mold. Let rise until the dough grows outside the mold.
- Paint with egg. And cook in a low oven at 302-320 F° for approximately 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and come out with some crumbs (if it comes out dry, it cooked too much and it will be dry). If you have a thermometer, the inside of the sweet bread has to be between 347-352.4 F° to have a good sweet bread.
For a good taste of sweet bread, keep in mind:
- Previous dough
- Cooking time
- The type of fat used.
- For young children, exchange honey for glucose.
- It can also be flavored with some liquor of your choice.