This Christmas surprise everyone with this super family Christmas loaf recipe! A jumbo-sized loaf to share with the whole family. Soft and pleasant flavor, reduced in fat but equally exquisite! With this recipe you will look good with everyone!
We are preparing little by little for the Christmas and New Year festivities, the prices are exorbitant and it is time to do it at home. Because not only is it cheaper, but the quality of the ingredients is chosen by ourselves. We can also decide what to fill this loaf with and how much we will use for it.
There is nothing sadder than buying a Christmas loaf or a panettone and when cutting it we find that it has almost no filling (it does not look at all like the photo on the package). Therefore, it is better to make them homemade so we make sure that it is a rich and tasty loaf.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
These types of loaf recipes usually have the amount of sugar and butter in the same ratio. But today I leave you my version reduced in fat and sugars. That even so, the result is an incredible and super delicious loaf anyway. So go ahead and prepare it, I assure you it will be a total success!
The recipe is simple to make with simple ingredients that are easily accessible in any market. Still, it is recommended to have a hand or stand mixer, because you need to mix a lot and without stopping. The beaten is what makes this family Christmas pudding so soft and fluffy.
The ingredients are simple, the flour used is all-purpose flour, a refined flour with smooth results. For this reason, when making this type of pastry recipes it is better to consider using a good quality flour. Remember that the results of a recipe are due in large part to the quality of the ingredients used for it.
For its filling you can choose a variety of ingredients and also how much money you want to spend for it. When using dehydrated fruits such as raisins, it is recommended to hydrate them with some liquor, cognac or water the night before preparation. This will make them taste better and will also provide more moisture.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Flour 0000 / All Purpose Flour 400 g / 14.11 oz / 3 ¼ cups
- Baking Powder 15 g / 0.53 oz / 1 tbsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Eggs M 4
- Butter 100 g / 3,53 oz / 2 ½ tbsp
- Sugar 150 g / 5.29 oz / ¾ cup
- Milk 225 ml / 1 ¼ cup / 15 tbps
- Vanilla essence
- Filling 300-400 g / 10.58-14.11 oz (raisins, candied fruits, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc)
- In a bowl place the butter and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Incorporate the eggs one by one without stopping beating. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour together with the baking powder and baking soda (all previously sifted). Beat until integrated.
- Add the fruits in batches, mix with enveloping movements.
- Pour the preparation into a 30 cm - 11.81 in previously buttered and floured loaf mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at low temperature 160-180 °C / 320-356 ºF for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry.