This weekend, Locos Por Los Dulces proposes you to prepare this economic and filling butterless banana cake. An excellent recipe for those who cannot consume butter or simply want to cut back on their daily diet. Take advantage of ripe fruit and prepare delicious breakfasts and snacks without remorse.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this cake is simple because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients are just a few, frequently used and easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
Being a cake and not a sponge cake, other ingredients are used. Also, you have two options to prepare it, which will depend on its final texture. Since it can be more or less fluffy and high depending on the availability or not of a mixer. However, the recipe can still be made without this element.
About the ingredients:
To make this recipe I used 0000 flour, commonly known in other countries as all-purpose flour. In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid and that is why I recommend incorporating it gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced by butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, no-dairy milk or simply water. As well as the option to use a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing with just water will result in a slightly rustic texture. So keep these details in mind when modifying the recipe.
Although bananas are used to flavor and aromatize this cake, they are also used as a natural sweetener. Because it is a type of fruit that the more ripe it gets, its sweetness and benefits increase proportionally. That is why any recipe that is made with them, this sweetness product of their maturity is considered.
Finally, this banana cake is baked at a medium low temperature, which is around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes. For a good result, it is recommended, first, to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the cooking be as punctual as possible.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Post a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Flour 0000 - All Purpose Flour 360 g / 12.69 oz / 3 cups
- Sunflower oil 120 ml / ½ cup / 8 tbsp
- Milk - No-dairy milk - Water 250 ml / 1 cup
- Baking powder 16 g / 1 tbsp
- Bananas 2 M / 250 g
- Egg yolks 3
- Egg whites 3
- Vanilla essence 5 ml / 1 tsp (optional)
- Cinnamon powder 1 tsp (optional)
- Powdered sweetener 22 sachets / 20 g / 0.70 oz - Liquid Stevia 2-3 tbsp
- Optional: walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.
- In a bowl, place the bananas and make a purée. Add the yolks, sugar and vanilla essence. Beat.
- Incorporate the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon in batches, alternating with the milk/water/no-dairy milk. Beat for 5 minutes.
- With enveloping movements, incorporate the egg whites add the egg whites (whipped until stiff).
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured cake mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 1 hour. Do not open the oven before 40 minutes to check baking. Cool and unmold.
- Mold size used 20 cm. Also, you can use a 22 cm one.
- It can be made without ripe bananas. Increase the sweetener a little accordingly.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- The flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Approximate values equivalent to 100 grams of sugar:
|SUGAR||POWDERED SWEETENER||LIQUID SWEETENER||STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ|| |
* Adjust to proportion the other ingredients