These Easter can not miss on your table. Cheer up and make this Whole Wheat Easter Thread Recipe super easy!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Ferment / Previous Dough
- Whole wheat flour 65 g / 2.29 g / 4 ¼ tbsp
- Fresh yeast 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Milk 40 ml / 2 ½ tbsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- Whole wheat flour 185 g / 6.53 oz / 1 ½ cup
- Whole cane sugar 20 g / 0.71 oz / 1 ½ tbsp
- Milk 80 ml / 5 ½ tbsp
- Fresh yeast 20 g / 0.71 oz / 1 ¼ tbsp
- Egg 1
- Butter 50 g / 1.76 oz / 3 ¼ tbsp
- Pinch of salt 1
- Lemon zest
- Orange zest
- Vanilla essence c / n
- Custard cream (pastry cream) c/n
- To paint the dough:
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Prepare the ferment or previous dough a little while before to beginning with the recipe. For this, unite the ingredients (it is not necessary to knead). Cover and reserve.
- For the dough, work on the table or if you have a much better mixing machine because you have to knead the dough a lot. Place the flour, salt, lemon zest, orange zest, vanilla essence, yeast dissolved in milk, the previous mass and the egg. Integrate all the ingredients until they come together well. Do not despair and do not add more liquid to the preparation, let the mixing machine work for a while.
- Once all the ingredients have come together, add the butter and knead just enough for the flour protein that is gluten to develop. How to find out how much to knead? When the dough has an elastic consistency, it is soft and sticks like gum on the hook of the mixing machine (or in your hands). If you are making the dough by hand and without a mixing machine, rub some oil on your hands and this will prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and you will be able to work even better.
- Make bun with the dough and let it rest for about 10 minutes to relax and allow us to mold it easier.
- To give it the easter thread shape, squash the dough bun a little and with the elbow we are going to make a hole in the middle of the dough. Then with the hands we finish giving a little more shape and place the dough on a buttered plate. We let it rise until it doubles in size .To prevent the dough from losing the easter thread shape due to the increase in size, place an empty can that you have in the hole of the dough, wrapped in pre-coated aluminum foil and smeared with butter to prevent it from sticking with baking.
- Once the dough has doubled in size you can choose to add the custard cream (pastry cream) before or after cooking. I advise you to do this later because you can risk the dough falling off by putting the pastry cream on top, but this is optional for everyone. Paint the dough with the mixture (beat the ingredients of the recipe and then strain the preparation) and bake at minimum temperature (320-356 °F) for 30 minutes. Once cold, decorate to taste.
Once the whole wheat Easter yarn is decorated, you can paint it with some mixture that makes it sparkle. One way to do it at home is to place 1 or 2 tablespoons of peach or apricot jam that you have with a little water. Heat the mixture in the microwave or on the stove so that it thickens and dissolves better. Strain and then use.