I propose you to make this homemade pumpkin paste full of color, flavor and nutrients. A fresh mixed pasta, easy to make and without complications. A basic dough recipe that will be useful to make different kinds of noodles and stuffed pasta. Add new alternatives to your kitchen!
A great option to implement extra nutrients and transform classic recipes with different vegetables. Thus achieving a complement of nutrients and benefits for your body. In addition, it is a fantastic idea for the little ones to eat vegetables in a successful and uncomplicated way!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This homemade pumpkin paste recipe is very simple and easy to make. The ingredients as in any pasta recipe are simple and you can find them in any market. In addition, any variety of pumpkin can be used, making it a flexible and very versatile recipe.
While it is an uncomplicated recipe, it is good to keep the following observations in mind:
- The fresher and more colorful the pumpkin, the better it tastes. Choosing a good pumpkin is one of the keys to this recipe, because its flavor and color will depend on it. In the same way, its cooking will also be of great importance and will contribute to its final flavor.
- There are several ways to cook pumpkin, it can be baked, steam, microwave or boiled. It is very important to choose a way of cooking in which the pumpkin retains most of its flavor and nutrients. And in the one that also absorbs the least amount of water as well. Baked is a good option.
The dough for this pumpkin paste can be made in different ways: on the table, in a bowl, kneading machine or in the food processor. In terms of convenience, using a food processor may be the quickest and easiest option. Because the ingredients are placed directly into the food processor´s bowl and in a matter of seconds the dough will be ready.
With this dough you can make from different kinds of noodles to different kinds of stuffed pasta. Some examples of stuffed pasta are ravioli, sorrentinos, cappelletti, agnolotti, etc. Which can be prepared with countless types of filling and be a perfect combination.
To stretch the dough you can use a pasta machine or a rolling pin. It is an egg-based dough, therefore stretching by hand will require a little more effort. But it can be done anyway, if you want noodles, first stretch then roll and cut the noodles to the width you want with a sharp knife.
Like all fresh pasta, it is cooked in a few minutes, in plenty of boiling salted water and in batches. This prevents the water temperature from dropping too low. Once ready to prevent the noodles from sticking together, pour directly over the sauce or drizzle with a little oil and mix.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- All-purpose flour 500g / 17.64 oz / 4 ¼ cups
- Pumpkin puree 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Eggs 4
- All-purpose flour c/n
- Salt c/n
- Place the pumpkin puree and the eggs. Beat.
- Add the flour. Mix until the dough comes off the bowl of the food processor (it is not necessary for the dough to be completely homogeneous). Add extra flour if necessary.
- Wrap in plastic kitchen wrap. Store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, roll out the dough to the desired thickness. Cut the noodles with a sharp knife or use the homemade noodle attachment on the pasta machine.
- Sprinkle the noodles, hang on a pasta rack. Let dry for 40 minutes before boiling.
- Boil batches in plenty of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
- The amount of extra flour depends on how much moisture the pumpkin puree provides.
- For the puree, use a fresh squash with a good color.
- Amount of fresh pasta recommended per diner 100 g / 0.220 lb.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator.
- Once the pasta is ready, let it dry in the air before boiling.
- The dough can be made the day before.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Store in the refrigerator (3 days).
- Keep in an airtight container.