I present you these magnificent homemade chicken sausages recipe! A recipe with which you can make the best hot dogs! You will see how easy and simple it is to prepare these sausages in the comfort of your home, using few ingredients and in just a few steps! Surprise your family with this simple but delicious recipe!
If you never encouraged you to make homemade sausages, this is your great opportunity! This time, I show you how to make them from chicken. Because it is a simple recipe and does not require much elaboration. Although later, I will leave other styles and varieties. And so you will have other options according to your preference.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Making this homemade chicken sausages recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. Given that they will be done homely, a couple of extra elements are also needed. Which will help mold the chicken into a sausage shape.
Then in addition to the ingredients of the recipe, you will need plastic film suitable for cooking. That will fulfill the function of the classic skin in sausages, acting as a shaper, providing support and repair. To work the filling in a more practical way, it is recommended to use a disposable pastry bag.
Preparing the sausages in a homemade way provides a great advantage. It may be possible to add or delete a particular ingredient and also customize its size in terms of length and thickness. So if you want to make homemade hot dog bun, you can adapt and adjust accordingly.
Chicken meat contains a significant amount of protein that acts like glue. For this reason, there is no need to add extra ingredients to bind this preparation. This protein is developed with a few strokes of the mixture in the container (as if it were a dough ball).
Different ways of cooking can be used. Among which they can be grilled, frying pan, oven or microwave. This time I cooked them separately, some grilled and others boiled. But you can boil it first and then cook on the griddle. In this way they will have that special taste and will better preserve their shape.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of the post 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Minced chicken 700 g / 1.54 lb / 24.69 oz
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Mustard 1-2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley c / n
- Garlic 3
- Ground chili
- Optional: grated cheese, green onion, onion, etc.
- In a bowl place the minced chicken meat, garlic and parsley. Season to taste. Mix.
- Optionally add grated cheese, onion, green onion, etc. Mix.
- Hit the mixture in the bowl until it is one as a bun of dough. Cover and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the preparation in a disposable pastry bag. Put a little filling on a plastic wrap (classic size 70 g / 0.15 lb / 2.46 oz - 17 cm / 6.69 in long). Roll up the ends as if it were a candy.
- Cook in a pot of boiling water for approximately 5 minutes. Once done, remove the plastic kitchen wrap.
- It can be cooked in a pan or on a very hot griddle, previously sprayed with vegetable spray or oil. To better preserve their shape, assemble the sausages and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove the plastic kitchen wrap before cooking.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).