Today I propose to make this serenito de vanilla dessert recipe without egg, milk cream or condensed milk. With just very few ingredients, you will get a delicious, economical and gluten free dessert. Surprise your family with this simple and exquisite recipe!
One of my first recipes was for milk caramel spread serenito. And although it is exquisite, it may no longer be as inexpensive as it used to be. In fact, I have received inquiries about how to replace the milk caramel spread in the recipe. Therefore, today I leave you this new alternative, much cheaper but equally tasty.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Making this serenito vanilla dessert recipe is really easy and quick. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. Contrary to other recipes that can be found, this one does not include egg, heavy cream or condensed milk.
By not having ingredients with too many calories, it not only makes this dessert cheaper, but also lighter. And if skim milk is used, it will be more. Therefore, those who are on a special diet, this would be a good alternative to schedule. In vegan diets it can be replaced by vegetable milk.
Although it is a dessert that can be consumed as it is, there are optionally another class of ingredients or topics to accompany it. And that, among the options, can be from the classic chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips to cereals, granola or nuts, for example.
About the preparation:
Although it is an easy and quick preparation, it has two important observations. First of all, it consists of stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Otherwise, it not only sticks and burns the mixture, but can also be made lumps. The second is to dilute the thickener with water or cold milk before incorporating into the preparation.
Finally, once ready, before consuming it will be necessary to cool on the refrigerator (covered so that it does not absorb odor or flavor). Before it can be divided into portions to facilitate distribution or also use a general container and then serve. They can be a great alternative to store containers of purchased yogurt or have small bowls with lids.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Milk 1 l / 5 cups
- Sugar 100 g / 3.52 oz / ½ cup
- Cornstarch 50 g / 1.76 oz / 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 10 ml / 2 tsp
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Dissolve the cornstarch with a little water or cold milk.
- In a pot places milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Heat over low heat. Incorporate the dissolved cornstarch. Stir constantly until it boils.
- Remove from heat and place in a container with a lid (do not allow to cool in the pot). Store in the refrigerator.
- Fat or skim milk can be used.
- Vegans: use plant milk (coconut, oatmeal, almonds, etc)
- It can replace the sugar by the sweetener preferably.
- Celiac: verify that all the ingredients used are gluten free (Without Taac)
- Consume preferably before 3 days.