Everyone loves burgers and nowadays a great variety of them are known but the classics are and always will be the beef ones! And how about preparing some delicious homemade beef burgers? A simple recipe, very easy to make, cheaper than buying and much tastier!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
To make good burgers you always have to try to use good beef meat and that has the least amount of fat possible. The best thing would be to chop a piece of meat that you choose in the butcher shop in your food processing machine and before doing so you can remove the excess fat that you observe.
Burgers will always depend on the quality of the ingredients that are used. One secret is to make it with fresh, freshly ground meat. Also seasonings do their thing so don’t hesitate to use them. Garlic, for example, gives it an exquisite flavor but if you don’t like it, you can skip it if you want.
There are many recipes for beef burgers in which they use different ingredients to make them. There are those who add beaten egg or breadcrumbs so that they are well united and that when cooking them they do not fall apart. In my particular taste I think that pressing well to compact is more than enough.
If you have time, you can leave the preparation marinated in the refrigerator for a few hours before assembling the medallions. This will make the ingredients that are added give a better flavor to the meat and the burgers will come out much more exquisite.
The classic round shape (beef medallion) can be made by taking a portion of the preparation and pressing with the hands to make it compact. To do it this time I used a burger mold that I have at home. It is not sophisticated at all, it is made of plastic but very useful when making homemade burgers.
The size of the beef medallions can vary according to the personal taste of each one. A standard size has between 110 – 130 grams / 3.88 – 4.59 ounces of the preparation. They can be thicker or thinner. There are also those who put 2 or 3 beef medallions on the hamburger.
The good thing about making these meals at home is that you can adapt the quantity, quality and way of making them to your own taste. And if you feel brave and want to make them completely homemade, you can take advantage of it and prepare a delicious homemade burger bun. What do you think about the idea?
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Ground beef 600 g / 21.16 oz
- Small onion 1
- Garlic 3
- Optional: parsley, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, etc.
- Others: cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, egg, dressings, etc.
- In a bowl place the ground beef.
- Add the minced onion and minced garlic. Mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Form the meat medallions by placing a portion of the mixture in the hamburger mold.
- Spread the meat with a spoon. Then press with the handle so that it is well compact (works like a press).
- By removing the red mold part, the medallion is ready. Put directly onto the previously oiled tray. Hit with fingers until it comes off on its own.
- Bake at medium heat for approximately 20-30 minutes.