These neapolitan eggplant medallions are a great alternative to consider. Dare to prepare these exquisite medallions, a simple but tasty recipe. Ideal for preparing fresh and light lunches!
Eggplants are a very versatile vegetable or vegetable. You can make countless recipes. From stuffed eggplant to preserves. Today I bring you this simple alternative to make, a very tasty meal that can be accompanied by different garnishes.
There is not much to say about the recipe. The ideal would be to leave the eggplant marinate overnight so they absorb a better flavor just like the Milanese. But if you don’t have time, they can be done anyway.
Accompany these neapolitan egggplant medallions with rice, roasted vegetables, a green leafy salad or some mashed potatoes, squash or carrots. Any option is great! If it is not to your liking or you do not have, you can also make this recipe without tomato and cheese. And do the gluten-free version if you are celiac! Any option is great! If it is not to your liking or you do not have, you can also make this recipe without tomato and cheese. And do the gluten-free version if you are celiac!
Modify this recipe to your liking but do not stay with the desire to make it! Without a doubt one more idea to take advantage of seasonal vegetables! To eat fresh, healthy and varied!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Medium eggplant 3
- Tomatoes 4
- Eggs 3
- Garlic 3
- Mozzarella cheese 150 g / 5.29 oz
- Fresh parsley c / n
- Breadcrumbs / Gluten free breadcrumbs c / n
- Optional: instant oatmeal
- In a bowl place parsley and minced garlic. Add the eggs and beat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the eggplant into slices. Marinate with the egg mixture. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Coat the eggplants with gluten-free breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs.
- Place in a baking dish with vegetable spray or a little oil. Bake in a medium high oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn and place the tomato slices on top. Bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add cubes of cheese and cook for 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted. Accompany with garnish to taste.
- Replace breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs for a gluten-free version (make sure the other ingredients are also gluten-free).
- Add a few tablespoons of instant oatmeal to breadcrumbs to increase nutrients and benefits.
- Take advantage of the leftover egg mixture and the remaining breadcrumbs. Mix and make some Provencal meatballs. Bake everything together in the oven (they are spectacular full of flavor)