A classic of classics! Super easy, homemade lemon loaf cake with icing! Ideal for any time of the year. A soft and fluffy lemon flavored loaf cake with a glaze coating that, in addition to making it more attractive to our eyes, its flavor makes it even richer as a whole.
Simple ingredients for such a delicious, refreshing and light-textured result. For breakfast, some mates, a tea or just a coffee. Because this lemon pudding goes with everything.
In addition to being a versatile recipe because it gives you the freedom to modify it to your liking. Because if you don’t like lemon, you could replace it with orange, for example. The base of the recipe being the same, and what you would modify is only its flavor.
If you don’t like the glaze coating, you can choose not to put it. Maybe you just like to sprinkle with icing sugar, or simply nothing. This is to personal taste.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of the post 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- 200 g Soft Butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 300 g Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Icing Sugar Bath:
- 200 g icing sugar
- 50 ml lemon juice
- Cream or blanch the soft butter with the sugar.
- Incorporate the juice and zest of the lemon without stopping beating.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Continue beating.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder in 2 or 3 parts with a spatula and surround movements until united. No need to beat.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured loaf mold.
- Bake on medium heat for 30-35 minutes.
- Before covering with lemon glaze or just dusting with icing sugar, let cool well.
- Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice without leaving lumps.
- Cover the loaf cake and let dry before cutting.