Locos Por La Comida proposes you to make this basic pancake batter with sunflower oil. An easy recipe that you can flavor or accompany by different ingredients and obtain both sweet and savory pancakes. Ideal for making all kinds of cannelloni, adding fruit or simply in the classic style with dulce de leche. Go for this much lighter version!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is simple because it has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and frequently used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
The flour used on this occasion is 0000 flour, commonly known in other countries as all-purpose flour. In general, depending on its brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. That is why I recommend incorporating gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used is sunflower oil. But you can substitute butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, vegetable drink, fruit juice or just water. As well as a mixture of them, that is, half and half. However, replacing it exclusively with water will result in a more rustic texture. Therefore, keep the details in mind when modifying a recipe.
Being a basic dough, another possibility is to make it sweet or salty by adding sweetener or salt. Likewise, the alternative of flavoring to taste with spices or different essences such as vanilla, lemon, orange, etc. Also add fruits such as apples and pears, grated or whole, according to preference.
About the dough:
Once the dough is ready, it is advisable to store it in the refrigerator for half an hour to hydrate the flour. Probably, after this rest, the dough will thicken. So depending on the thickness of the pancakes you want, you may need to add more liquid. Since the density of pancakes varies greatly from the fluidity of the dough.
Finally, these pancakes are cooked in a preferably non-stick pan and at a medium low temperature. Once hot, the pan is brushed with butter, sunflower oil or vegetable spray. Next, using a ladle or measuring cup, scoop in some batter, spreading it all over the bottom of the pan.
This cooking is done on both sides: when the dough coagulates and the edges come off, make a quick turning movement of the pan to flip the pancake in the air. If you don’t have experience, use a spatula. At last, cook for a few more seconds. It is important not to burn or dry out so that they do not break when rolled.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of the post 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Flour 0000 - All Purpose Flour 150 g / 5.29 oz / 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Milk / Non dairy milk / Water 300 ml
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Eggs M 2
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: vanilla essence, orange zest, lemon zest, nutmeg, apples, pears, etc.
- In a bowl place the eggs. Beat.
- Add milk, essence or zest (optional). Beat.
- Add the previously sifted flour and salt in batches. Beat vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Preferably, keep in the fridge for about 30 minutes to hydrate the flour.
- Before you start cooking, add the sunflower oil and beat. Fruits are added in this step (optional).
- Brush with butter or oil a hot nonstick skillet. Agregue la masa con un cucharón y extiéndala por todo el fondo de la sartén.
- When the edges take off, turn quickly with a pan movement or using a spatula. Cook a few more seconds. Remove and stack. Store in the refrigerator.
- Pan size used: 20 cm in diameter.
- Makes approximately 12 pancakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- The flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Approximate values equivalent to 100 grams of sugar:
|STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ |
|54 DROPS||0.39 OZ |
* Adjust to proportion the other ingredients