Today we prepare some delicious pancakes with whole wheat flour that we ate with milk caramel, really exquisite! Natural fans of whole wheat flour for its benefits, we show once again that there is no limitation in terms of both sweet and savory recipes.
We are at home for a long time so we have to take advantage of it to eat as healthy and delicious as possible. It is also a very good way to spend time and perhaps cook with our children. A nice and entertaining activity to strengthen our ties in this time of quarantine while we wait for good news and everything returns to normal.
We move on to the recipe for these delicious whole wheat pancakes! Any questions leave me a comment. And if you want a particular recipe, I’m all ears!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 ½ cup
- Milk 500 ml / 2 ½ cup
- Eggs 4
- Butter 50 g / 1.76 oz / 1 ¼ tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: essence of vanilla, lemon zest, orange zest, apple garnish or pears, etc.
- Place the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl (perfume with an essence or lemon or orange zest, add). Beat.
- Add half of the flour and beat with a hand mixer or electric mixer until it forms a smooth dough without any lumps that can be observed. Add the remaining half of the flour and beat again for a few more minutes.
- Cover with a film and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. So the protein found in the flour is hydrated. It can be cooked without resting but the taste will not be the same. If the dough is prepared the day before, it will taste better.
- Before starting to cook these wonderful pancakes, add the melted butter to the batter. Stir. Also if any extra ingredient is added (apple, pears, etc).
- To cook, use a non-stick skillet or pancake with a little butter or oil (I use shortening spray). Place a little of the preparation with a ladle, cook over low heat until the dough coagulates, peel off the edges and turn to cook the other side.
- For stuffed pancakes without further cooking, it can be cooked until lightly browned. For cannelloni, for example, it is convenient to cook leaving them white (these are called crepes) because the edges will be too hard to have an extra cooking in the oven.
- If the dough feels too thick, add a little extra milk or water. Whole wheat flour sometimes needs a little more liquid than ordinary flours.