This vegetable muffin recipe is spectacular because one can combine it with a large number of vegetables. Being able to choose the ones you like the most or the ones you prefer. You can make muffins with different vegetables or focus on one in particular.
Some muffin ideas are; broccoli muffins, carrot muffins, zucchini muffins, pumpkin or squash muffins, spinach muffins, chard muffins, etc. You can even make flourless muffins, quinoa muffins, chia moffins, legumes muffins, etc.
This veggie muffin recipe makes for a mid-afternoon snack if you like. They can be eaten alone or with salad or rice. Results a magnificent light lunch or dinner totally nutritious, healthy and full of flavor.
An original and very good idea for children to finally eat and implement vegetables in their diet in an easy and fun way and they almost notice it!
Muffins undoubtedly turn out to be a very versatile recipe, with thousands of combinations, for all tastes, for all palates.
Muffins undoubtedly turn out to be a very versatile recipe, with thousands of combinations, for all tastes, for all palates. Including more variety of salted muffins, sweet muffins, with and without flour, with other types of flour (whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, rice flour, pea flour, etc.), vegetarian, vegan, mixed, with meat, with legumes , etc.
They certainly cover a lot of possibilities in the kitchen. They are an easy recipe, simple to prepare with little elaboration. Both the cooking and preparation time are minimal, you don’t need to have much experience in the kitchen to prepare this recipe for vegetable muffins.
With the ingredients you have you will achieve an exquisite combination. You also have the possibility of eating them hot or cold. So there are no excuses not to make this recipe!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Milk 120 ml / 0.60 cup / 8 tbsp
- Sunflower oil 50 ml / ¼ cup / 3 ¼ tbsp
- All purpose flour 150 g / 5.29 oz / 1 ¼ cup
- Grated cheese 30 g / 1.05 oz / 2 tbsp
- Baking power 8 g / 1 ½ tsp
- Vegetables 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Cubed cheese 100 g / 3.52 oz
- Egg 1
- Optional: garlic, parsley, oregano, etc.
- In a pan with a few drops of oil, sauté the diced vegetables. Reserve.
- In a bowl place the milk, oil and egg. Mix until well integrated.
- Add the flour, grated cheese, yeast, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix all ingredients.
- Add the cubed cheese, the sautéed vegetables and mix.
- Spray a muffin dish with vegetable spray and fill 2/3 with the mixture.
- Bake at 160-180 °C / 320-356 °F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted and comes out dry. With this recipe you get 10 or 15 muffins. The amount varies depending on the size of the muffin pan.
If you don't have a muffin pan you can use cupcake liners, either paper or silicone.