For this weekend, I propose this vegan banana loaf cake with whole wheat flour. For this weekend, I propose this vegan whole wheat banana loaf cake recipe. You will see how easy and simple it is to prepare this incredible and flavorful recipe!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This loaf cake is easy to prepare. Since it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. On the one hand, there is its simplicity, since it is a preparation in which the ingredients are mixed without the need for special elements such as a blender machine.
And, on the other hand, the ingredients to be used are few, frequently used and easy to find in any market. Moreover, as it is a recipe that does not contain eggs, animal milk or butter, those who should not consume them, either due to allergies or have a medical condition, can take advantage of this recipe as well.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, organic fine grind (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced with margarine, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
This is a recipe in which you can choose vegetable milk or just water. Similarly, you have the option of using a mixture, that is, half and half. However, using just water will make this whole wheat dough a bit more rustic. Instead, if you use non-dairy milk, it gives it a certain softness as a result.
The banana is a fruit that the more ripe it gets, its benefits and sweetness increase proportionally. However, you can still make this whole wheat loaf cake even if they aren’t. For this reason, a little more sugar or sweetener will be added according to preference to compensate for that lack.
To bake this vegan whole wheat loaf cake, you can choose between two small molds or one large one, previously oiled and floured. With this quantity of ingredients, a large-sized loaf cake of the familiar type is obtained. That is why it must be taken into account when choosing a particular mold.
Lastly, a medium low temperature is used, which is around 160-180 degrees / 320-356 Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes. As I always recommend, to obtain a good result, first it is to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that this cooking is as punctual as possible so that the loaf cake does not dry out.
Tenés alguna duda o sugerencia? Escríbeme un comentario al final de esta receta
¡No te olvides de seguirme en las redes sociales para saber las últimas novedades de mis recetas!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 8.81 oz / 3 cups
- Whole cane sugar 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 cup
- Non-dairy milk 200 ml / 6.76 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 150 ml / 5.07 oz / ½ cup
- Ripe medium bananas (black) 3
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp (optional)
- Others: raisins, walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.
- With a fork, mash the bananas. Add whole cane sugar and stir.
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla essence. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sunflower oil. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour in batches with the baking powder. Mix without beating.
- Pour the preparation into a previously oiled and floured mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for approximately 30-40 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Cool and unmold.
- It can be use white sugar or sweetener of your choice. Adjust the proportions of the ingredients accordingly.
- Vegetable milk can be replaced by animal milk or water.
- Sunflower oil can be replaced with margarine, coconut oil, or any other type of cooking oil.
- Substitute sunflower oil for margarine: 80 g / 2.82 oz / 2 tbsp.
- Bananas: 4 small, 3 medium or 2 large.
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Measuring spoons equivalents:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|