Wait for your guests with this dreamy pink salmon with shrimp sauce recipe! A simple, practical and extremely delicious recipe! A dish with gourmet style that will make you look incredible and without knowing much about cooking! With just a few ingredients you will make a spectacular lunch or dinner!
Many times you don’t know what to cook when you have to prepare a special meal. You want to get out of the classic meals and prepare something delicious to dazzle your guests. But that the recipe is not very complicated because many times you do not have the necessary experience.
Pink salmon is a super versatile fish, one of the most used in all kinds of recipes and kinds of foods. It is usually prepared both raw and cooked. In addition, as it does not have thorns, it makes its preparation and consumption simple. It also has a large number of beneficial properties of high nutritional value.
Let’s talk a little about the preparation:
The ingredients used for this recipe are few and simple, they are easily available in any market. On fish and shrimp, the fresher they are, the better they taste. So getting a good quality of them is of great importance.
To cook the pink salmon, the sealing technique is used first, as it is usually used in red meat. This sealing or marking technique helps the meat not lose a large amount of its internal liquids, thus achieving a juicier and tastier result.
Shrimp sauce prepares in minutes. If a homogeneous finish is desired, having a mini primer or blender would be ideal. In this way, part of the shrimp can be crushed, and thus enhance the flavor of the sauce even more. Although also mincing the ingredients in a tiny way is another option.
Finally, to complete the cooking of the pink salmon, it can be done together with the sauce on the same pan or baked. A fact to take into account, and that it is not dry, avoid overcooking. Once ready, it can be served with garnish or accompanied by the shrimp sauce.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Pink salmon 700 g / 1.54 lb
- Shrimp 400 g / 0.88 lb
- Water 500 ml / 2 ½ cups
- Cornstarch 2-3 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2
- Green onions 2
- Garlic 2
- Sugar 1 tsp
- In a very hot griddle or pan, seal the salmon on both sides. Remove from heat, add juice of one lemon. Season to taste. Reserve.
- In a hot skillet, place the butter, cleaned shrimp, chives, and minced garlic. Sauté a few minutes.
- Add the juice of a lemon, the water and the sugar. Dissolve the cornstarch with a little cold water and incorporate. Mix. Cook over low heat until thick. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a container or blender machine, blend (before setting aside some shrimp for decoration).
- Pour the sauce back into the pan or baking dish. Place the pink salmon and complete its cooking.
- Serve with garnish to taste (little potatoes this time). Garnish with the green part of a chopped chive.
- For a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch (dilute it in water before incorporating to avoid lumps).
- The water can be replaced by fish broth (it is not necessary to blend part of the shrimp in this case)
- The lemon in the sauce can be replaced by fresh chopped tomato (provides acidity as well)