Look how easy this oat bread with whole wheat flour recipe is prepared for those breakfasts and snacks every day. An ideal bread to start the day full of energy with this set of fibers, vitamins and proteins. Encourage the different versions by introducing cereal to your life!
Oats are a complete cereal that provides different proteins, vitamins and minerals. Which have important properties that help regulate the intestine, cholesterol and glucose. In addition, it contains vitamins that help balance and strengthen the nervous system.
Although it offers multiple benefits, its consumption is restricted to certain stomach diseases such as diarrhea, Crohn’s disease or similar disorders. Therefore, it is always recommended that you consult with your GP when adding a new ingredient to your daily diet.
This bread is very delicious and has the right proportion of oats to make a light bread without being dry. Honey provides the moisture it needs, although it can be replaced without any problem by other options if you cannot consume it.
It can be made with the ingredients described in the recipe or change them. If you are vegan and want to make this bread, here are some ideas as replacement options for those ingredients of animal origin. And to be able to enjoy this whole wheat oat bread without being left with the desire to prepare it.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
A very simple whole wheat bread to make, it has no complications when preparing. To do this you can use both oats flour and instant oats (I had oats flour). When you use instant oats, it is advisable to let it hydrate in the warm milk for a while before preparing the recipe. If you want to make oat flour you can do it in batches with a blender to make it fine.
Another option you have to prepare this oat bread is to make it with milk or water (milk is better). To give it even more oatmeal flavor you can use vegetable oat milk if you have it prepared. Those who want to prepare oat milk and do not know how to do it, I leave the link here.
Vegetable milks are very easy to prepare and if you are on a vegan diet you can also make this bread by replacing cow’s milk with a vegetable one. Or maybe you are also interested in having other options to prepare this recipe.
Vegans do not consume anything of animal origin so the honey in this recipe can be replaced by whole cane sugar, fructose, maple syrup, panela, molasses, malt extracts, agave syrup or maple syrup, etc. Another interesting fact to consider if you want to replace this ingredient as well.
If you have a kneading machine you can prepare this bread dough by adding all the ingredients directly to the bowl of the machine or do it on the table putting the flours in the shape of a crown and placing the liquid ingredients in the middle and joining little by little until forming a dough.
To cook this bread you can use a pudding mold to shape the bread. If you don’t have one you can give it the shape you are used to making, the one you like the most or the one that is easiest for you to make. Let nothing stop you from making this fabulous bread!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14.10 oz / 3 ¼ cups
- Oat flour 100 g / 3.53 oz / 1 cup
- Milk 380 ml / 1 ½ cup
- Sunflower oil 30 cc / 2 tbsp
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Dry yeast 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp - Fresh yeast 25 g / 0.88 oz
- Salt 8 g / 0.28 oz / 1 ½ tsp
- Add the whole wheat flour, oatmeal and salt. Mix.
- Dissolve the honey and yeast in the milk and incorporate.
- Unite all the ingredients and knead until obtaining a soft and smooth dough. Let rest 10 minutes before shaping.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape. Form a roll with the dough by squeezing with the fingers.
- Place the dough roll in a previously oiled mold. The closure of the dough must always be facing down the mold so that it does not open during baking.
- Let it rise until doubled in volume. Brush with milk and sprinkle with instant oats (optional).
- Bake at 356 F ° (180 ° degrees) for approximately 40 minutes.
- Instant oats can be used. Hydrate with warm milk or incorporate directly.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. It is advisable to incorporate gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).