A recipe that your children will love! These hotcakes with whole wheat flour are spectacular for breakfast or night tea. Super fluffy and tasty. They won’t notice unless you tell them how they’re done! Today I made this recipe because my son asked me to do it. He saw them in a cartoon on television so I said to myself, why not? Let’s make a super breakfast!
Pancakes are recognized for being a traditional American breakfast (they usually call them American breakfast), with a flavor similar to Argentine pancakes but smaller, thick and fluffy.
To accompany with caramel sauce, milk caramel, cream, blueberries, syrup or simply alone! Easy to prepare and cook quickly, these hotcakes with whole wheat flour are ideal for anyone to prepare!
Another advantage is that you do not need an electric mixer, with a hand mixer you can prepare them. In addition, this recipe has ingredients that you more than surely have at home or you can easily find in any nearby market!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder 14 g / 0.49 oz / 1 tbsp
- Milk 280 ml / 1 ½ cup / 18 ½ tbsp
- Whole cane sugar 50 g / 1.76 oz / ¼ cup / 2 ½ tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Melted butter 30 g / 1.06 oz / 1 tbsp
- In a bowl place the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, baking powder and sugar (previously sifted). Mix.
- Add the milk little by little while beating.
- Incorporate the eggs and mix well until homogeneous.
- Add the melted butter, beat for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a plastic film and let the preparation rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Then cook in a pan at minimum temperature. Put a little of butter in the center of the pan and with a ladle pour the dough and let it spread on its own (it worked well for me with the size of a ladle as a measure, but if you want to use a cup or something else).
- When it begins to make small holes in the dough with the help of a spatula, turn the pancakes quickly and cook on the other side.