Many want to know how to make homemade hamburger buns. So today I leave you this recipe to be able to prepare in a very simple and easy way. And also you don’t need any mold for it! This weekend prepare delicious hamburgers with homemade hamburger buns and dazzle your family!
Burgers are one of everyone’s favorite foods regardless of age. Because there are also many varieties to choose from. The classic meat ones are the favorites but there are also chicken, fish, vegetarian and vegan burgers. If you need some ideas, on this page you can find some recipes that might interest you.
How well it tastes, a good bread always makes a difference, the better quality all the ingredients have, the better it will taste. Without a doubt the hamburger bun is very important, it is not the same to eat a hamburger with a fresh and tasty bun than with a gummy or hard bun.
So, what better idea than to learn how to make them ourselves in the comfort of our home, preparing this recipe with full knowledge of the quality of the ingredients used, obtaining a bread free of additives or preservatives.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This hamburger bun is very simple and easy to make. There are many varieties of recipes, today I leave you this version that turns out to be a light, fluffy and tasty buns. And the best of all is that you do not need any type of special mold and you will still get a very good result.
The ingredients are common, nothing you can’t get in just any market. This time the flour I used was 0000, or as it is often called in other places, all-purpose flour. But if you have 000 or 00 you can use them. Also you can mix them. Remember that the zeros mark the level of refinement of the flour, the more zeros it has, the more refined it will be.
To make this bread you don’t need great experience in the kitchen. This is a recipe that requires elasticity in the dough, so it is necessary to knead it enough to obtain it. It is also a recipe in which you have to have some patience, since the dough has its leavened times that are necessary to obtain good results.
Another advantage of making this homemade hamburger bun is that you can choose the size according to taste. There are those who prefer a particular size of hamburger and by making the buns at home you can have the possibility to adapt the size as you need.
Which is a huge plus, if you have a birthday for example, you can make mini burgers or make larger standard size burgers. You can also make a large pizza-sized burger in case you don’t want to overwork. Which is ideal for dining with friends.
This recipe made six standard size hamburger buns (using 110-130 g / 0.242-0.286 lb / 3.88-4.49 oz of dough approx). Although if you want another size or another quantity of buns you should modify the recipe accordingly.
Accompany these buns with the type of burgers that you like the most!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- All-purpose flour 350 g / 12.35 oz / 3 cups
- Butter 30 g / 1.06 oz / 1 tbsp
- Milk 250 ml / 1 ¼ cup
- Dry instant yeast 5 g / 0,18 oz / 1 tsp - Fresh yeast 25 g / 0,88 oz
- Sugar 10 g / 0.35 oz / 2 tsp
- Salt 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Optional: sesame seeds
- For paint the buns:
- Egg 1
- Milk 4 tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl place the sugar and yeast.
- Boil the milk. When the milk is warm, put it in a bowl. Stir, cover and leave to rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt on a bowl, table or mixer machine. Make a hole in the center and pour the ferment. Join to form a dough.
- Add the soft butter. Knead until you get a soft, smooth and elastic dough. Cover and leave it to rise until doubled in volume.
- Degas and divide the dough into six equal parts. Make buns with each of the parts. Place in a pan previously oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray (the close always face down).
- With the fingers flatten each of the buns (always try to keep the shape as round as possible). Cover with plastic wrap so the buns do not air dry. Let rise for approximately 30 minutes.
- Brush with the mixture of egg, milk and a pinch of salt. Optionally, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180-200 ° C / 82.22-93.33 ° F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before storing, freezing or consuming.
- Consume before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- To prevent hamburger buns from drying out, store in a food-safe closed bag until use.
- Sprinkle the kitchen wrap with flour before covering the buns to prevent it from sticking to them.
- Flours according to the brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.