Croutons are great to add to different types of soups. They are also a great side dish for salads! Today I’m going to teach you how to make these wonderful homemade croutons. So you can enjoy them in your own home, and you will see how easy and fast they are to prepare. They also last a long time if you store them in an airtight container. Therefore if you want to prepare a good amount to have during the week you can do it!
Summer is coming and it is time for salads, fresh and light meals. So this crouton recipe is a perfect option to always have in your pantry when preparing a good salad, with few ingredients but full of flavor.
You can make these croutons with any type of bread you have from the day before. For example, it is a very good recipe to take advantage of bread that is already old. In my opinion, I think it goes better with lactal bread or some other similar one that contains a lot of crumb, little crust and does not flake so much when cut into cubes. This will keep the croutons in shape and will not break during preparation.
This time I will make them with olive oil but they can also be made with melted butter (on another occasion we will explain how to make them)
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Olive Oil c / n
- Leftover Bread (from the day before)
- Herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, pepper, paprika, etc.)
- Optional: minced fresh garlic
- Preheat the oven to a minimum temperature. Cut the bread into small cubes.
- Place the bread cubes in a bowl with the olive oil and the selected herbs of your choice and to your liking. You can also add minced garlic (it is very tasty). Mix.
- In a baking dish place parchment paper, place the preparation and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Take care that they do not burn.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and store in a closed container until use. The bread croutons last several days in good condition and are great to accompany salads, soups, etc.