This weekend, prepare this seed crackers recipe, ideal for any time of the day. Also, a great idea for appetizers or charcuterie boards with sauces and dips, or simply as a snack in bars and breweries. With no doubt, a simple recipe, with few ingredients and truly exquisite!
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is easy because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
To make this cookie’s dough, I used 0000 flour, commonly known in other countries as all-purpose flour. In general, depending on your brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid, which is why I recommend incorporating it gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced by butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
These salty snacks may or may not contain seeds. However, the seeds, in addition to providing some benefits worth taking advantage of, also give it an excellent flavor and texture. Among the existing seed options are those of chia, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, poppy, pumpkin, etc.
Finally, to form the crackers, stretch the dough with a rolling pin, avoiding excess flour. Then, with a knife or cookie cutter, proceed to cut the squares of dough of the desired size. These in turn may or may not be sprinkled with coarse salt before baking.
About the cooking:
The cooking of these seed crackers is fast, between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the type of oven you have. So being vigilant is important. Without any inconvenience, you can open the oven door as many times as you need to check its baking.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- All-purpose flour 400 g / 14.10 oz / 3 ¼ cup
- Seeds 100 g / 3.52 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 50 ml / 1.69 oz / 3 ¼ tbsp
- Water 250 ml / 10.14 oz / 1 ¼ cup
- Salt 10 g / 0.35 oz / 2 tsp
- In a bowl place the whole wheat flour and seeds. Mix.
- Add the sunflower oil and the water little by little until all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- With a knife or cookie cutter form the crackers.
- Place on a baking dish previously oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- The flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
Equivalences measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Measuring spoons equivalents:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|