Today I bring you these brussels sprouts recipe, a new alternative to accompany your dishes. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary and want to vary a bit, this recipe is for you! In a few steps you will have something delicious and healthy. In addition, it combines with any type of meat, whether red, white or fish.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
This brussels Sprout Garnish is so simple to make. The ingredients are few and easily accessible in any store. First, before starting, the Brussels sprouts are boiled for 10 to 15 minutes. Enough time to soften them and retain their shape without falling apart.
Once the brussels sprouts are done, remove them from the water and pat them dry before sautéing. In this way, possible burns due to splashes, product of the reaction between water and hot oil, are avoided. It is very important to take this information into account when making these types of recipes.
Although these Brussels sprouts are sautéed with garlic, other ingredients can be used and even accompanied with other vegetables of preference. They could also be sautéed with olive oil and when removed from the heat, add lemon juice. In any way they are prepared, they will be exquisite and ideal to accompany all kinds of dishes.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Brussels sprouts 400 g / 14.11 oz / 0.881 lb
- Olive oil c / n
- Garlic 4
- Water c / n
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Boil the brussels sprouts in plenty of salted water for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry.
- In a hot skillet, add the olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts and sauté both sides until golden brown. Season to taste.
- Add minced garlic and cook until golden brown without burning. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add lemon juice to taste (optional).
- Wash and clean the brussels sprouts well before cooking.
- Fresher the brussels sprouts are, better they will taste.
- To lessen the bitter taste of Brussels sprouts, add lemon juice or vinegar to boiling water.
- Consume before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).