Integralisimo proposes you to prepare this apple cake with whole wheat flour in just few steps. Ideal to make the most of the apple season and prepare something simple but delicious. A fantastic recipe for breakfasts, snacks and those much-needed daily mates.
Let’s talk about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is easy because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, fine milled (unless it mentions it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the smaller the volume, the smaller the final product.
The type of fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But it can be replaced with margarine, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, no-dairy milk or simply water. As well as using a mixture of them, that is half-and-half. However, replacing it with just water will result in a slightly more rustic texture. Therefore, keep these details in mind when modifying the recipe.
Other options are about the type of apples, which can be red, green or both. As well as the integration of the same to the preparation. Being able to grate, cut into pieces or also as a purée. Of course, if you use apples in pieces, when you cut the cake you will see the whole pieces of fruit. On the other hand, if you purée them, they will not be seen.
Lastly, this whole wheat cake is baked at a medium low temperature of 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes. For a good result, it is recommended, first, to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the cooking be as punctual as possible.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 250 g / 8.81 oz / 2 cups
- Whole cane sugar 160 g / 5.64 oz / 8 tbsp
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.52 oz / 1 tbsp
- Milk 200 ml / 6.76 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 50 ml / 1.69 oz / 3 ¼ tbsp
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Apples 2-3
- Eggs 2
- Wash, peel (optional) and cut the apples into thin slices. Add lemon juice and cinnamon. Reserve.
- Butter and flour a cake mold. Optionally, place a disc of parchment paper and sprinkle the base with whole cane sugar. Then place some apple slices to caramelize (this can be done on the base of the mold or after pouring the preparation and placing them on top).
- In a bowl place the eggs, whole cane sugar, vanilla essence and milk. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sunflower oil. Mix.
- Add the apples. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour in batches with the baking powder. Mix without beating.
- Pour the preparation into the cake mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 40 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Cool and unmold.
- A 20 cm cake mold was used.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- You can use butter, margarine, or any other type of cooking oil.
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk. Final texture should be considered.
- At the end of baking you can brush the apples with jelly, sweet, jam or some other clear pastry glaze.
- Whole wheat flour, depending on its brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Measuring spoons equivalents:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|