This incredible 80 golpes cake (80 hits cake) recipe is spectacular for a breakfast or snack. To share with family, friends or someone special.
This cake, famous for its name (80 hits cake), refers to a step in the preparation of the recipe. It is to continuously hit the dough against the table without stopping 80 hits. In addition, these hits are the secret of this wonderful cake, because result a dough with a lot of crumb is obtained.
It looks like a giant croissant because of its structure, it makes it really irresistible.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Don’t forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news about my recipes!
- For the dough:
- Milk 250 ml / 1 1/4 cup
- Fresh yest 50 g / 1.76 oz
- Sugar 130 g / 4.59 oz / 0.65 cup
- Pastry flour 700 g / 24.69 oz / 5.83 cup
- Eggs 2
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Butter 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Sugar blonde 100 g / 3.53 oz / 1/2 cup
- Walnuts 50 g / 1.76 oz
- Quince paste / sweet potato paste in small cubes.
- Peach or apricot jam for painting
- Icing sugar
- In a bowl we place the yeast with the eggs, milk, sugar, and the vanilla essence. We beat until well combined.
- On the table we place the flour in the shape of a crown. In the center we add the liquid mixture (point 1) plus the sunflower oil.
- We unite all the ingredients by kneading, we make a bun and proceed to hit it 80 consecutive hits on the table. Movements with height and with all the strength we can.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest until it ferments.
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin into a rectangle about 5 mm thick, and spread creamy butter over the entire dough. We sprinkle lemon zest, walnuts, sweet potato, quince paste, blonde sugar, etc. You add whatever you want, you can add just the butter if you prefer and omit the rest of the ingredients.
- Make a roll with the dough and cut slices in a similar size, approximately 5 cm each (8-10 rolls would be more or less)
- Place the rolls next to each other in a tall mold, with parchment paper at the bottom and butter spread on the paper (it sticks a lot).
- Cover with film, let it ferment until it doubles in volume. Once fermented, you may or may not sprinkle blonde sugar on the dough before baking.
- Bake at 160 degrees (320 F°) for 40 minutes. Remove, paint with jam, sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish.